Vegan Potato Soup
Serves 4 / 327 calories
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped fine
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vegetable bullion
- 1 8.5oz carton coconut milk (I use Aroy-D)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onion and celery in peanut oil on medium heat until soft and starting to brown.
- Add potatoes and cook until potatoes begin to brown on the outside or soften (this will depend on how high of a heat you cook it on).
- Add water and bullion and cook until potatoes are as tender as you prefer. If you like your potatoes very soft, like I do, you may need to add additional water. Only add enough to keep the potatoes from completely drying out.
- Add coconut milk and nutritional yeast.
- Add water to reach desired consistency and salt and pepper to taste.
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 77%