WARNING: This is a work in progress recipe. The ingredients are all right, but I’ve not yet actually timed how long these take to cook!
Braised Pot Roast
- 4lb beef roast
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, chopped coarse
- 2 stalks celery, chopped coarse
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped (save the peels)
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup wine
- 1 beer
- Pat roast with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven. Saute onion, celery, and carrot peels at a high heat until they begin to brown. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Remove ingredients from pan and set aside.
- Sear roast on both sides (you can also sear around the edges, but I tend to not worry about it). Remove roast from heat.
- Add sauteed vegetables back in, along with the worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, wine, and beer. Cook at 250 degrees for 4-6 hours, or until roast is as done as you care for.
- Remove roast from pot to let it rest, leaving the roast juices in the pan.
- Raise oven temp to 350 degrees. Add potatoes and carrots to the pot. Let cook until they are done, or about half an hour.